Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Supernatural - Favorite 15th Episode - Poll


The favorite 14th episode race is shaping up to be more of a competition than I figured. We currently have Born Under a Bad Sign leading but My Bloody Valentine is not far behind. A final tally will be posted tomorrow. For now, the results of the favorite 13th episode are in and it's a blow out. The Song Remains the Same won with 162 votes and 44%. The next closest competitor was Ghostfacers with 63 votes and a mere 17%. Good luck to the favorite 15th episodes.

REMINDER - Due to season 3's shortened season, I made the executive decision to place the final 2 episodes of season 3 against the final 2 episodes of all other seasons. It seems more fair to have the penultimates and finales against each other. If this really annoys you, feel free to add them in your rankings in the comments section. On with the show - I personally feel the 15th episodes are far, far better as a whole than 13 or 14. What do you think?

The Benders - This is the first time we see just how evil people can be. There's nothing paranormal or supernatural in this case, just the ickiest family this side of Deliverance. I loved Officer Kathleen and the show was definitely creepy. It had the awesome poker scene and some fabulous one-liners. "Demons I get. People are crazy." "Eat me. No wait, you actually might." However cannibals just don't do it for me so this one goes in the middle of the episode list for me.

Tall Tales - Two words - The Trickster. It cannot be a bad episode with him. Who could forget alien slow dancing to Lady in Red? I actually liked the sibling bickering here because we got the he said - he said versions similar to the vampire episode on The X-Files. Now anytime someone drones on, I substitute "blah, blah, blah" in my head and it's instantly funny. Plus Bobby saves the day again. With the exception of the Impala's flat tires, there's not much I don't love about this episode.

Death Takes a Holiday - Again a large part of this episode's success is the guest stars. We got the trifecta of Pamela, Tessa, and Alastair in this one. I love the story line of a town with no deaths and the brother's conflicting opinions about this. I enjoyed Dean and Sam as spirits (astral projections) and Cole grew on me as the episode went along. "Thanks Haley Joel. I know I'm dead." A good show all around even if it included the death of a favorite character.

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid - I'm a sucker for back stories and Bobby so I was already predisposed to enjoy this one. However I was alternately surprised and heartbroken when the zombies started out good until things went oh so wrong. I enjoyed Bobby's reaction to his wife and to Dean and Sam when they found out. I liked Karen's conversation with Dean about Bobby. Mostly though I enjoyed meeting Sheriff Mills. I'm glad she's coming back in season 7.

The French Mistake - This will likely be the winner and for good reason. I HATE meta episodes. TMatEotB and Real Ghostbusters make me cringe every time, so I was prepared to hate this episode too. While it will never be my favorite or even close, I laughed continuously and didn't want to shoot myself when it ended. I've even rewatched it a couple times when I didn't have to. For me, that is the highest praise a meta episode can get.

Screencap by Supernatural Caps

My blog
SPN Asylum
SpoilerTV




Past Winners:

Lazarus Rising (season 4)
Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester (season 4)
Bad Day at Black Rock (season 3)
The End (season 5)
Simon Said (season 2)
Skin (season 1)
The Usual Suspects (season 2)
Changing Channels (season 5)
Croatoan (season 2)
Abandon All Hope (season 5)
Mystery Spot (season 3)
Jus in Bello (season 3)
The Song Remains the Same (season 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment