Sunday, July 31, 2011

Supernatural - Favorite 18th Episode - Poll

It's our 18th episode poll today and I did something I have not done since the poll began. I rewatched an episode to make sure my rankings fit. But before that, we have the results of the 16th episode poll where like predicted On the Head of a Pin won with 149 votes and 56% of the vote. Dark Side of the Moon placed second with 100 votes for 26%. My predictions weren't so good for the 17th episode so far though. Currently My Heart Will Go On (my vote) is winning with Heart (my prediction) in second. Today I have a much harder time predicting what will win but my guess is that it will be in seasons 4-6. Don't forget to leave comments because hiatus is more fun with conversation. And besides, you really don't want to be stuck on the John Winchester badge do you? :-P

Something Wicked - Michael from Something Wicked is one of my favorite PiP's of all time. He's snarky and scared and brave. He's a great big brother and the parallels between his situation and the Winchesters growing up really hit home to me, especially since I was an 80's latchkey kid with a little brother myself. This episode gave us the WeeChesters and proved that John sucked way before Faith. I also really enjoyed the shtriga. Its looks and the fact that it preyed on children made it one of the scarier monsters to me.

Hollywood Babylon - This episode was pure fun. I loved the in-jokes and Dean as PA. The story line was strange but interesting and they did a great job of pointing out things in the Supernatural world that make little sense. (Why salt? Why not another condiment?) When I'm looking for an episode just to feel good about, this one tops my list.

The Monster at the End of This Book - Anyone who follows the Supernatural comments on SpoilerTV knows that I HATE this episode. It's in the top 10 Worst for me. It made me hate meta episodes. I loathe the introduction of Chuck into the series and I thought the books plot line was utterly stupid. I'm sure there is something to love in this episode but I refuse to sit through it again to find out since I have to watch it next week in Live Chat.

Point of No Return - This is the episode I rewatched today. I wanted to give it a fair shake before I ranked these episodes because it leaves me divided every time. The high point for me is actually Bobby's verbal smack down of Dean, followed by Zachariah's death, Sam saying he believes in Dean and the brothers' Impala talk at the end. The low point is always Adam. While I cannot stand the idea of Adam, he did make canon that he doesn't consider Dean and Sam family and I agree with him. We also learned not to tick of Castiel, which may be a good lesson for season 7.

Frontierland - I'm not as into cowboy Winchesters as most fans, but I happily hummed along this episode right until I had a 19 ton anvil dropped on my head. And it totally ruined the episode for me. I enjoyed watching Sam with Samuel Colt and Dean geeking out over westerns made me giggle. I'm divided about the phoenix because while it is a cool monster, he seemed less monster than most and he was still gunned down. However, I will never vote for this episode in a favorites contest because it has the second worse ending of any SPN episode. The hackneyed, convoluted, absolutely non-sensical delivery of phoenix ashes made me question the writing talent as much as Bugs did. To add insult, it could have been a Winchester victory for once but they screwed that up too. Never have I been so irate about a script as I was with Frontierland and nothing in the previous 35 minutes ever makes up for such idiocy.

Feel free to call me nuts about TMatEoTB and Frontierland below. We will agree to disagree because comments are the family reunion you actually look forward to.

Screencap by Supernatural Caps

My blog
SPN Asylum
SpoilerTV




Past Winners:

Lazarus Rising (season 4)
Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester (season 4)
Bad Day at Black Rock (season 3)
The End (season 5)
Simon Said (season 2)
Skin (season 1)
The Usual Suspects (season 2)
Changing Channels (season 5)
Croatoan (season 2)
Abandon All Hope (season 5)
Mystery Spot (season 3)
Jus in Bello (season 3)
The Song Remains the Same (season 5)
Born Under a Bad Sign (season 2)
The French Mistake (season 6)
On the Head of a Pin (season 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment