Sunday, October 7, 2012

Supernatural - 8.01 - We Need to Talk About Kevin - Quotes


Welcome to a new weekly feature of Supernatural, the Quotes Round-Up. I have two goals for this segment. 1. To share all the great quotes in the new SPN episodes. I find quotes get people talking, especially since the episodes will be fresh in our minds. Since people will not agree with my choices that makes for good discussion. The second reason is completely self-serving. We are having a huge favorite quote contest during the summer hellatus next year and I needed to find a way to get the nominations done before summer ended. This will allow me to already have season 8 done before hellatus starts.

I'm sure I'll be tweaking the format as the season progresses and I welcome your ideas in that. Originally I started with just a list like I did over the summer but now I think I'm going to divide them up into funny, mytharc, and emotional quotes because I have a tendency to overlook all but the funny. Of course many quotes can belong to several categories. Please share your thoughts and any quotes you think I've missed.


Funny/Snarky quotes:


8. Dean: "So you're looking for a soul train."
7. Dean: "I thought you two had a thing." Channing: "Yeah when he was going to Princeton." Dean: "Wow, just like that."
6. Dean: "Yeah time flies when you're running for your life."
5. Crowley: "Hello boys. Dean, you're looking…well let's just say Purgatory didn't do you any favors. Where's your angel?" Dean: "Ask your mother." Crowley: "There's that grade school zip. Missed it. I really did. Moose, still with the pork chops. I admire that."
4. Dean: "That is spectacular work. Any chance I can get that in English?"
3. Sam: "What the hell is that?" Dean: "It's Purgatory."
2. Sam: "Dude, it's a burger." Dean: "It's a treasure."
1. Kevin: "There's a demon in you and you're going to your safety school." Channing: "What?"


Mytharc/Story-moving quotes:


7. Dean: "Okay, if this kid is right, he's sitting on a bombshell. Hell he is the bombshell."
6. Dean: "He was our responsibility and you couldn't answer the damn phone."
5. Dean: "It was bloody, messy, 31 flavors of bottom-dwelling nasties. Hell most days felt like 360 degree combat. But there was something about being there. It felt pure."
4. Sam: "God taught you how to trap demons." Kevin: "Technically yeah."
3. Benny: "He was my friend. Now you are. First rule of Purgatory kid - You can't trust nobody." Dean: "You just asked me to trust you." Benny: "See you're getting it now."
2. Dean: "Were you able to read anything else off the tablet before you stashed it?" Kevin: "Only the stuff about closing the gates of hell. Forever." Dean: "Come again?" Kevin: "Banish all demons off the face of the earth. Lock them away forever. That could be important right?' Dean: "closing the gates of hell forever? Yeah, yeah…that could be important."
1. Kevin: "What the hell happened to you guys?" Dean: "The Cliff Notes? I went to Purgatory. Sam hit a dog."


Emotional quotes:


6. Dean: "I wasn't dead. In fact I was knee deep in God's armpit killing monsters, which I thought is what we actually do." Sam: "Yes Dean and as far as I knew what we do is the thing that got every single member of my family killed. I had no one. No one. And for the first time in my life I was completely alone and honestly I…I…I didn't exactly have a road map. So yeah I…I fixed up the Impala and I just drove."
5. Dean: "There was a girl." Sam: "Yeah, there was. And then there wasn't. Anymore questions?"
4. Sam: "Nothing says family quite like the whole family being dead."
3.  Dean: "Alright, well let's do this." Sam: "I don't know whether to give you a hug or take a shower."
2. Sam: "Listen I know this is going to sound crazy to you. I don't even necessarily need you to understand but you need to know. I didn't just drop out Dean. I found something. Something I've never had all my life."
1. Dean: "After you looked for me…" (Sam says nothing.) Dean: "Did you look for me Sam?" (Sam looks away.) Dean: "Good. That's good. No, we…we always told each other not to look for each other. That's smart. Good for you. Of course we always ignored that because of our deep abiding love for each other but not this time right Sammy?"



Screencaps by Home of the Nutty

My blog
SPN Asylum
SpoilerTV

No comments:

Post a Comment