Sunday, May 12, 2013

Supernatural - 8.22 - Clip Show - Quotes


Ah, it was so good to see clips of the previous seasons. Provenance is still one of my favorite standalone episodes and "Hearts in my cupcakes," will never stop be funny. It was good to be reminded of the Supernatural I knew and loved. If only it could have been a true clip show and not ventured into stupid brother territory again. Thanks so much Dabb! Today we start season 6 quote nominations. Season 5 nominations are now closed. I will also be closing the first half of the season 8 nominations in the next couple of days in order to start processing those nominations too. I will have a better idea of the contest timetable once I see how many quotes are going to be in the competition. I am hoping for 64 but it might be 128 like the ultimate episode contest last summer. It will depend on where the natural breaks in nominations lie. Regardless, we will go back to daily quote nominations for seasons 6 and 7 by a week after season 8 concludes.


Funny/Snarky quotes:

8. Sam: "So you really think this will work?" Dean: "Dude we've got needles, we've got thread, we've seen Young Frankenstein about a thousand times…yeah, we're golden."
7. Dean: "How do you even know…" Crowley: "I have my sources. A cracking research team…"
6. Cas: "You don't understand. I need pie."
5. Metatron: "Put the virgin down Castiel. We need to talk."
4. Dean: "Oh yeah, 'cause that was the most freaky thing - was the vocabulary. What about the uh…the bloody high 5 or the…the chest burst…"
3. Sarah: "I do miss the old haircut though."
2. Dean: "Well that was weird…with 3 exclamation points."
1. Dean: "Son of a b**." Crowley: "Son of a witch actually. My mommy taught me a few tricks."


Story-moving quotes:

12. Crowley: "So from here on I'm going to keep everything hell related…demons, etc…anyway from you lads. Safe side and all that. Plus I just thought it seemed fitting. From what I understand, Sammy took that bird's breath away."
11. Dean: "Not even close. You see the uh…the Men of Letters kept files on every demonic possession for the last 300 years. I mean we've got uh…Borden, Lizzie all the way to Crane, Ichabod."
10. Cas: "So you know the trials to close heaven." Metatron: "I wrote them down. It's not something you forget."
9. Crowley: "You want to keep those people alive. I want complete and utter surrender. The tablet, the trials…you'll give them up or we'll keep doing this dance. Your choice, my darlings."
8. Sam: "Dean everything in those folders - the possessions, the deals…all of it, we've seen them before but that…that was all new. Yeah it's worth the drive."
7. Dean: "Alright, let's roll. Not you." Cas: "Sam is more damaged than I am." Dean: "Yeah well you know, even banged up Sammy comes through." Cas: "Dean I just want to help." Dean: "We don't need your help. Just stay here and…and get better."
6. Crowley: "I'm gonna gut one person every 12 hours until you bring me the demon tablet and stop this whole trials nonsense." Sam: "We don't have the tablet. Kevin took it and…" Crowley: "I took Kevin. Then someone took him back. Word from the cloud is it wasn't heaven so either the cutest little prophet in the world is with you two lugs or you better find him tout bloody suite because time, she is a wasting."
5. Sam: "Look I know this is…insane but insane is kind of what we do. We'll keep you safe." Sarah: "Okay." Dean: "Okay? That's it?" Sarah: "You've done it before."
4. Sam: "Is that a devil's trap?" Dean: "It takes up half the room. These chains…there's spell work etched into them." Sam: "So we have a dungeon." Dean: "Finally."
3. Crowley: "They're your life's work and I'm going to rip it apart. Piece by piece. Because I can. Because you can't stop me. Because when they're all gone, what will you have left?"
2. Sam: "What are you doing Crowley?" Crowley: "Oh Moosey, isn't it obvious. I'm killing everyone you've ever saved. The damsels in distress. The innocent whippersnappers. The would be vampire chow. All of them."
1. Metatron: "Exactly, which is why we've got to shut down heaven."


Emotional quotes:

6. Sarah: "No you're not. You're not the same. Look it's been years and I can't even imagine the things you've been through but I don't know. You seem more focused, confident. Like…like you know what you want. You grew up Sam."
5. Cas: "Dean, I'm sorry." Dean: "For what?" Cas: "For everything." Dean: "Everything? Like uh…like ignoring us." Cas: "Yes." Dean: "Or like bolting off with the angel tablet, then losing it because you didn't trust me. You didn't trust me." Cas: "Yes." Dean: "Yeah, nah that's not going to cut it. Not this time. So you can take your little apology and you can cram it up your a**." Cas: "Dean I thought I was doing the right thing." Dean: "Yeah, you always do."
4. Crowley: "Well I think the people you save, they're how you justify your pathetic little lives. The alcoholism, the collateral damage, the pain you've caused. The one thing that allows you to sleep at night, the one thing is knowing that these folks are out there, still out there. Happy and healthy because of you, you great big bloody heroes."
3. Dean: "Well short story is uh…Sammy there's going to take whatever shredded your friend and every other black eyed b** out there and he's going to get rid of them…for good." Priest: "He is? In his condition?" Dean: "Father over the past couple of months I've seen him do cr** that I didn't even think was possible. I mean sure he's miserable and he's hurting, but you know what? There's not a doubt in my mind that he's going to cross that finish line. Not one. So will you help us?"
2. Dean: "Dude if anybody else…I mean anybody, pulled that kind of cr**, I would stab them in their neck on principle. Why should I give him a free pass?"
1. Sam: "You heard Crowley. He's not going to let one near us and without a demon all we can do is sit back and watch people we know…people we saved, die. Like Sarah." Dean: "So what're you saying?" Sam: "I'm saying…maybe this isn't one we can win. Maybe we should just take the deal." Dean: "We'll figure this out. We will and we'll get it done. We'll kick it in the a** like we always do. Are you with me?"


Quote Awards:




The "Now That's a Catchphrase" Award: Sorry Charlie, but yours plain sucks. These are much better.

Abaddon: "Morning sunshines."
Crowley: "Hello boys."




The "Would Have Been Nice if Jeremy Carver Would Have Remembered This Earlier" Award:

Crowley: "About now you're thinking of ways to stop me. You won't be able to but you'll try because that's what you do. You…you try."


The "Go Ahead and Rub It In; We Know Dean has No Place in This Mytharc" Award:

Dean: "Well I'll go get you some grub. Keep your strength up."
Sam: "Half drunk beer, um jerky and um 3 peanut butter cups?" Dean: "Yeah well we're…we're running a little low…..I'll make a run."


The "Wow, You Sound Just Like Season 6 Crowley and We All Know How that Ended" Award:

Metatron: "Now the angels…heaven…need someone to come to their rescue. They need us."
Metatron: "Just picture it. We ride to the rescue. Save the day. Make a great story."
Metatron: "Heaven needs your help Castiel."



The "Season 8, You are Too Unworthy to Utter These Lines" Award:

Crowley: "What's the line? Saving people, hunting things - the family business."
Dean: "We'll kick it in the a** like we always do."










Screencaps by Supernatural Fans Online

My blog
My Twitter
SpoilerTV
dahne@spoilertv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment